Your Departments Benefits
The Vitro platform is a unique and innovative solution which links patient data to customizable, mobile, electronic replicas of existing paper charts and documents. The underlying principle of Vitro is very straightforward; we take what you already have and make it better…
Chief Executive/ Finance Director
- A fast, successful project that delivers wins for both clinical and administrative staff backed by a clear business case.
- HR cost & budget is now more focused on patient care rather than administration.
- True cost of care enables better decision making: How many staff do we require per ward/bed?
- Patients can be admitted and discharged faster.
- Staff can spend less time on administration and more time with the patient.
- Patients experience a more automated administration process, with a much closer sense of involvement.
- Risk governance is demonstrably improved: With an electronic record that visually reflects the patient identity fewer errors are guaranteed, reduced risk and better patient identity control.
- Automate best practice in the management of clinical documentation.
- Our forms are now pre-populated, avoiding wasteful data entry duplication and reducing errors.
- Nursing staff have more time to care with patients.
- Patients get involved in their care record, without it looking like a complex computer system.
- Sign consent forms electronically and the clinician sees it without delay.
Information Management & Technology Director
- An agile solution that behaves like a presentation layer on top of all existing systems, enabling their phased replacement without requiring medical staff to learn “another new system”.
- Paperwork is now married to the EMR / EPR.
- More applications in the hands of the clinicians, extending where the EMR / EPR can reach.
- With an intuitive ‘paper-on-glass’ user interface, there is a common presentation layer for the EMR / EPR that does not require extensive training to use and is both PATIENT focused and TASK driven, not MENU driven.
- Free from the constraints and development timescales of our HIS system vendors.
- The ability to respond quickly to more clinicians’ needs using Vitro combined with EMR data.
- Lower document storage and printing costs.
- Overcome implementation challenges in linking disparate IT systems to create the unified electronic health record as mandated by government healthcare reform.
- Administration & data collection at the point of care.
- Reduce time at the desk.
- Form filling is now hassle-free, eliminates keying-in existing information which means fewer errors.
- Information previously gathered on paper is now visible in the EMR / EPR hospital wide, enhancing and improving decision making for the patient.